Founder: Michael J. Duggan
Michael Duggan has been designing and marketing Group Insurance Programs since 1967.
He has worked as a Group Consultant for three major Life Insurance Companies, all of which were involved in Corporate Benefit Plans in Canada and in the United States. He also worked as a Consultant with a large Canadian Benefits Consulting House in Toronto. Throughout his career, he has been a consistent leader in Group Insurance production.
Mr. Duggan attended Wilfred Laurier University and has completed many industry related courses at the University of Toronto and Simon Fraser University in British Columbia.
Over the years, Mr. Duggan has addressed numerous professional groups on topics concerning Employee Benefits. In 1975, he was asked by the British Columbia Provincial Government to assist the Ministry of Health in a preliminary study on a Denticare initiative for the province. And in 2003, he was appointed to the Advisory Board of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
Mr. Duggan founded Duggan Benefits Insurance Agencies Inc. in 1983.
Mr. Duggan was a Referee in the Ontario Hockey Association for 13 years and a Referee Supervisor for 22 years. He is a Referee Supervisor for the North York Hockey League and is Referee-in-Chief of the Streetsville Hockey League.
Areas of Expertise
- Analysis of benefit funding arrangements
- Benefit Plan administration
- Communications (including Booklets and Brochures)
- Executive compensation arrangements
- Deferred compensation agreements
- Group Insurance Benefits of all types
- Human Rights and Taxation legislation affecting Benefit Plans
- Pension & Retirement Plans (including Profit Sharing and Group R.R.S.P.’s)
- Self-insured benefits
- Social Welfare Benefits such as CPP/QPP, E.I., W.S.I.B., OHIP.
- Special Risks and Accident Plans of all types
Why use an Independent Advisor?
Duggan Financial Services Inc. is Independent advisors offer valuable, objective advice. When selecting an advisor look for someone who is knowledgeable about the latest in legislation, tax, and products. An independent advisor will assist you in aligning your budget to your corporate goals and then developing a simple plan to make those goals become a reality.
An independent benefits advisor will add value to your planning by:
- Being unbiased and totally objective.
- Providing insight and guidance on the wide variety of products and services.
- Drawing on past experiences to guide you through the planning process.
- Evaluating your personal needs.
- Helping you design and periodically review a plan that’s right for you.
Duggan Financial Services Inc. is independently owned and has no financial connection whatsoever to any Insurance Company or other financial institution.